1. Learn how to teach English as a second language and then do it.
2. Learn how to be a mediator and then do it.
3. Learn how to build houses for Habitat for Humanity, and then participate in doing that - one house in my local area, and one house in the Gulf.
And on the way, get in shape.
Here's where I am.
1. I finally started working on Module 4 of my online ESL class. I've been putting it off for nearly a month because I don't know how to do a lesson plan, and that's the assignment. Tonight I expressed my frustration to my husband Art and he said forget about doing it perfectly, just give it my best shot and turn it in. What a concept!
2. I found a mediation class happening in January in Olympia, about 90 miles south of me. It's sooner than the one happening in March 10 miles north, so I'll either commute or stay down there for the week.
3. I got a call today from a guy at our local Habitat affiliate and signed up to work on October 9 and October 16. He knows I'm a beginner and says that's fine.
I spent 30 minutes on Wii Fit today, working on balancing exercises. My balance is terrible but bound to improve. I've finally figured out how to turn on the Wii. We have three remotes and the Wii remote, and I think I'm getting the hang of all of them. I'm going to ask for a universal remote for my birthday next month. I shouldn't have to do so much thinking about how to turn on the TV, the DVD or the Wii.
Plus! I went to visit a sick friend and found out, to my delight, she's been cleared to go back to work four hours a day. And I spent some time petting her cat Leo, and then I came home and spent some time petting my cat Larisa.
I've had these numbered goals for a year now. I expected I'd get on them the day after I quit my job. Instead, it's taken a couple of months. Which is just fine. I don't have to get it all done this year.