Monday, March 28, 2011

Three small victories

It's been a stressful week, what with working and all. But I have had three good outcomes.

1. I'd been unable to blog using my iPad Version 1. I could touch the header line and type in there, but I couldn't get into the body. So I had to take a laptop when we were on the road if I wanted to blog. My tech-savvy niece Colleen told me I could send an email to my blog and have it published! There's a "Settings/Email and Mobile" option in Blogger. You enter an email address of "Your login dot (secret word you choose)@blogger.com". You designate whether you want blog entries to post immediately or whether you want to edit them first (obviously, I wouldn't on my iPad, since that's the problem). Then, when you send an email to the designated address, it gets transmitted into a blog entry, either posted or ready to edit and post.

I was delighted with this information. I've tested it and it works. I don't have a solution yet for uploading photos, but I suspect Colleen does, and when she reads this blog she may comment on how to do it so we all know.

2. Our furnace went out last week and the new one has had a couple of hiccups in the first few days that required a couple of under-warranty service calls. At one point the temperature in the house was 82 degrees and rising. It seems to be fine now - just in time for our home exchange guests, who will arrive tomorrow afternoon at about the same time as we pull into the driveway of their house in Santa Fe.

3. I figured out what I was doing on my work project. Finally got it together in my head. Today I spent a couple of hours on the project and got done what needed to happen before we leave. So I'll be able to enjoy Santa Fe without working! Yay!

15 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Oh, I want to learn what Coleen has to teach you.

Sally Wessely said...

That is very interesting information about posting to your blog. Don't you just really appreciate these tech-savvy friends and relatives?

Tabitha Bird said...

Woot!
Small victories still count.

Linda said...

Sounds like 3 big victories to me.

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

Isn't it lovely to have younger tech-savvy relatives and friends who can teach us? Coleen's info is really valuable. Thanks for passing it on! And hope you're feeling much less stressed now!

#1Nana said...

I think I have to buy an ipad now! (and it's all your fault!)

CB said...

So glad it worked for you Linda! Haven't tried the photo posting via email (except via Facebook where you attach to the email and the subject is the caption). I'd start with that model and see if something like that works. Might have to be 2 steps: 1) post blog via email, 2) post photos via iPad. Just typing out loud...

Linda Myers said...

I was successful sending an email to my blog with a photo in it. If there's text it would appear after the photo in the blog, I think.

Olga said...

Enjoy your stay in Sante Fe.

Arkansas Patti said...

Glad the furnace was fixed. That would have been a bummer to your exchange guests.
Have a safe and wonderful trip.

DJan said...

Yes, I agree with your other commenters that this is actually quite a big deal, you can now head to Santa Fe and have a great time rather than working and worrying! Cool!

Out on the prairie said...

Santa Fe sounds delightful. You are lucky to have a computer wizard neice.Have a good time in NM.

Grandmother Mary said...

Your swappers from New Mexico might like the temp at 82 degrees! Enjoy your time there, it's a wonderful state.

Lynilu said...

How long will you be in Santa Fe? If I happen to make a trip there, would you be interested in meeting for coffee or lunch? I live about 3 hours away, but have plans to go to both SF and Albuquerque in the next couple months. Might be fun!

marciamayo said...

I've never been to Santa Fe. Now, you've reminded me that I want to go.