Monday, February 10, 2020

"Life is amazing. And then it's awful."

I've always appreciated this quote:

“Life is amazing. And then it's awful. And then it's amazing again. And in between the amazing and awful it's ordinary and mundane and routine. Breathe in the amazing, hold on through the awful, and relax and exhale during the ordinary. That's just living heartbreaking, soul-healing, amazing, awful, ordinary life. And it's breathtakingly beautiful.”


Right now I'm relaxing and exhaling through the ordinary. We're continuing with our winter routine, enjoying classes and friends and activities and volunteering. Too busy, but most of it is very good.

It's good for me to remember, from time to time, that ordinary is just fine in a good life.

4 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I would welcome a little ordinary right now.

DJan said...

I agree with that quote. And yes, I think ordinary is a great place to hang out in. :-)

Madeline Kasian said...

I LOVE "Ordinary." In fact, I have a rubber stamp in my greeting card collection that says "CELEBRATE THE ORDINARY!"

Long lazy days, or busier days, filled with cooking, reading, walking, napping,visiting and playing cards with friends= luxurious!! I feel so blessed to be able to be retired and have my basic needs of life met.It's all gravy after that....

Linda Reeder said...

You're right, ordinary is good.