Saturday, February 20, 2010

Thursday and Friday were sunny days this week. On my lunch hour I walked two miles, squinting into the sun without my sunglasses, then returned to my cubicle. Today was a sunny day also. I worked with my next door neighbor in our joint garden, planting winter crops - broccoli, onions, lettuce, spinach, carrots and peas. I got the same feeling of time standing still out there as I did last summer when we harvested 28 quarts of green beans from one 3 x 11 bed.

When I'm no longer working I can spend Thursdays and Fridays outside, too, if it's sunny. I can save paperwork for gray days. Even gray days during the week, if I want to. The sun's light will be mine whenever it appears.

What a gift that will be!

1 comment:

Kittie Howard said...

Enjoyed your blog. Hope your garden's a success again.