Even in normal life there are learnings. Here are some of my recent ones.
1. If your husband is in a play, rehearsals are the most important thing. Once it's over, the calendar opens way, way up.
2. I can experience Las Vegas with some appreciation about every five years.
3. A criminal investigation has to gather enough evidence to convince a jury. The expert witness has to know every detail in the report they filed, because the opposing attorney will question their competence if they need to refer to their report at all.
4. Walking the Strip on a Wednesday evening is a colorful and safe experience. If you are a grandmother with purple hair, a slightly inebriated millennial may give you a high five.
5. Cirque de Soleil has come a long way in the last 25 years. The gymnasts are still astonishing athletes, but the sets and lights and sound are just about overwhelming, in a good way.
6. If you catch your husband's cold just before a road trip, you will absolutely pass the cold along to your travel companion.
7. One cold requires at least five boxes of kleenex.
8. Walking in a slot canyon is more impressive than the photographs you've seen.
9. Sometimes if you decide you're not going to buy a recliner for the front room this year, you meet a new neighbor who would love to help you shop for one. Or maybe two.
10. In a winter resort, sometimes your friends will move away. You will be glad for them and sad for you. Where you live in the summer, someone will die while you're away and you won't know about it until months later. You will wish you could have gone to the memorial service.
These things happen.
Oct 1, 2023 - Rabbit! Rabbit! White Rabbit!
1 hour ago