Monday, February 8, 2010

Something funny happened at work today. I was in a team meeting with my manager and two teammates. The manager said to my teammates, "I need to talk to you this week about your goals for the year." This happens annually so we have something to measure for our evaluations.
Then he looked at me. "You don't have goals for this year." That's because I'm leaving the company on June 25. I said, "Yes, I do have goals. They just aren't here at work." What a great feeling!

We met with our financial planner tonight. I finally get how we have enough money for me to stop working three years before I turn 65. I mean, I knew it, but I didn't get it. How cool! Yay!


1 comment:

Georgia said...

Hooray for you! I feel confident that you have planned well enough that surprises will be few.