Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Up in the air

That's where I am now, literally. Due east of Redding, California and due south of Boise, Idaho. Left home in Tucson this morning and going home to Seattle this afternoon.

Someone asked me last week, "Which home do you like best?" I answered right away. "We love them both."

In each place we have a place we love and people we love. Friends and activities. Twelve-step meetings.

And the Internet. For finding out what's going on in the world and at the home we're not at. For staying in touch in real time. For online ordering of what we need, which will be waiting for us at our appropriate address. For streaming Netflix and reading blogs and texting. For taking online classes. For playing Candy Crush (I'm now on level 1526, which is synched among my phone, laptop and Kindle).

In Tucson, we have blue skies and sunshine most days. In Brier we have beautiful green and a fruit and vegetable garden. In Tucson we have doves and in Brier we have crows. In Tucson, we have friends. In Brier we have friends and family. It's flat in Tucson and hilly in Brier.

We have Larisa the Designer Cat in both places. Wonderful food (Art's the shopper and the cook) in both places.  A comfortable bed in both places.

We're ready to go home. It's warming up a bit in Tucson, and the rain is lightening up in Brier. We found the sweet spot!

Our time in Tucson was rich and rewarding. I expect our time in Brier will be good. I am blessed.

10 comments:

joeh said...

Home is where you connect to the internet.

Linda Reeder said...

You will be arriving to blue skies with rain in the offing.You have missed the heat wave and we will be needing the rain. Welcome back to the Evergreen State.

Sandi said...

You are blessed. Nice way to end a post that celebrates all that is right in your world.

Olga said...

You are very fortunate. I am sure that you have had your share of bumps in the road. You have been blessed with the wisdom to move toward the light, appreciate what you have, and share so much of yourselves with others.

Terra said...

I think you have found a good balance in having two homes. It sounds like your cat does airline travel ok.

DJan said...

I'm looking forward to our returning to normal weather for awhile. It has been too hot for August, much less April. Welcome home, Linda, or I guess I should say welcome back! :-)

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

You seem to have doubled your opportunities for fun and fulfillment!

Arkansas Patti said...

You are definitely enjoying the best of both worlds. You picked well.

Deb Shucka said...

I know you would feel blessed regardless of where you are.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I love the name of your blog. Until I finally got on Social Security and Medicare I used to worry a lot about becoming a bag lady. Now, not so much because if I lost SS and Medicare I'll have a lot of company out in the streets.

Here in Michigan we call people with two houses 'snowbirds' and they are all starting to come back from Florida now.