Friday, July 8, 2022

Going, going....

Gone!

Neither Art nor I got covid - though my son James, who lives upstairs, did. Fortunately, we hadn't seen him for three days before he got symptoms.

Art's physical therapy is going very well. Most of the time he's standing upright, rather than bent over as he was before. He's becoming "conditioned" again.

I went to the ortho clinic on Monday, got a steroid shot in my knee and an "offloading knee brace" to minimize the discomfort when I walk a distance.

I said to Art, "Are you looking forward to this trip?" He said, "Yes. I thought for a while you weren't going to want to go, so we wouldn't be going." I said, "That's because I didn't know if you would be strong enough." He rolled his eyes. I guess he was feeling better.

I'd read that lots of flights were being canceled and that there was a great shortage of baggage handlers at Heathrow and other airports, and that passengers were being advised to pack three days of clothing in their carryons. So we did that. 

We got everything into four suitcases, and made reservations for Uber to get us to the airport. Once there, we asked British Airways for wheelchair assistance for Art, both in Seattle and at Heathrow in London for our connection to Barcelona. We couldn't have asked for more attentive treatment. 

Business class is fabulous! 

I'll be sending out two more blogs about our trip: one with pictures for our seven ports of call and the other with my "what I learned on this trip" list.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can hardly wait to see what you will offer at Storytelling this year regarding your adventures..😍

Linda Reeder said...

Bon Voyage! Hoping you have a wonderful trip full of new learnings.

DUTA said...

Safe treavels and fully enjoy the various attractions on your trip!

Olga said...

Enjoy, stay well, and be safe.

DJan said...

Have a safe and enjoyable time, Linda!

Joared said...

Wishing you a good, safe, enjoyable trip.

Bob Lowry said...

Business class is our target for our UK trip next year, too. We are putting all charges on a new card that came with a 75,000 mile bonus.

I eill be interested to hear about your airport and baggage experiences. Many reports of problems make us uneasy.