Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Settling in, finally

Well, I finally wrote up the two damn lesson plans for my ESL class and mailed them to my tutor. I was whining to my husband Art the night before last and he looked up from his paper and said, "Just do what you can and don't try to be perfect." So I did. I've now finished up the last obligatory task for the week.

No, that's not true. I've finished up the last obligatory task I Didn't Want To Do.

I do want to pick up my sister and my cousin at the airport tomorrow for a four-day visit which will include a lot of geocaching. I do want to write on my chiropractor's blog why I'd choose him over any other practitioner in his field. I do want to prepare the squash for the freezer. Yes, I really do. Those little bags of summer taste so good during rainy Januarys!

I do want to work on my balance exercises on my Wii Fit, and sit in my adirondack chair and read a magazine or two, and take a walk in my neighborhood before the sun goes down, and take a 15-minute nap.

No great motivational stuff for me today. I think I'm starting to get the idea it's not a requirement for life. That's probably because I've got multiple people - in real life and online - reminding me of it.

Next week we leave for two weeks in Maine, one of my favorite places on earth. We'll be on a 32-passenger schooner for six days, and then on an offshore island for a week. Slowing, slowing, slow.






5 comments:

Teresa Evangeline said...

Oh, Linda, your trip to Maine sounds so fun. And I see you finally adopted the right attitude towards those lesson plans. :) Congrats! Have fun!

Arkansas Patti said...

Envy your geocaching trips. I keep meaning to get a GPS and give it a whirl.
Maine is also a favorite place of mine. Spent one summer as a head counselor on Kezar lake. Have a wonderful trip.

Jen said...

Hi Linda!

Thanks so much for popping by the other day. Your Maine trip sounds wonderful, do enjoy yourself.

I love that you're learning to teach English as a second language. That's an eventual goal of mine. Good for you! And I love your "about me", that your life is now "an opportunity to say yes". Wonderful.

Cheers,
Jen

#1Nana said...

Linda,
Have a great trip. We're off to Alaska on Saturday and on my list of things to do today is to look for coordinates for geocaching in each of the ports we will visit. Today I need to go buy trinkets to exchange. This afternoon I'm substituting at the high school...teaching ESL! Funny how we are leading parallel lives!
Jann

Linda Reeder said...

OK, now you're getting the idea. There are always a few things we have to do, but that leaves us with lots of time to do what we want to do, unstructured time.
Can I come to Maine with you?